The collection of COVID-19 samples and test can happen only if prescribed by a qualified physician. COVID-19 is a swab based test. Our expert Phlebotomists are highly trained for safe and hygienic sample collection from your home.
Our expert phlebotomists are trained to follow all safety protocols required for COVID-19 Virus Qualitative PCR.
Precautions taken BEFORE COVID-19 sample collection
Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as long sleeve disposable suit, gloves, N-95 mask, goggles & shoe cover
Precautions taken AFTER COVID-19 sample collection
Safely remove and dispose all personal protective equipment worn during sample collection.
Nasal and Throat Swab sample collected from the COVID-19 suspect patient is then packed in a triple-layered concealed container for secured transportation.
ICMR approved Lab to test COVID-19 samplesRegistration Number: PATHKINDG001
Reporting TAT- 24* Hours
for Delhi-NCR &
48* Hours for Other Cities
Negative pressured Isolated Lab to test
Protect yourself and others!
Wash your hands with soap regularly for 20 seconds
Cover your mouth and nose with a mask
Dont touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unclean hands
Maintain social distancing
FREQUENTLY ASKED Questions
As per the guidelines, if you develop any acute onset of fever and symptoms of respiratory illness such as cough or shortness of breath, you should visit your nearest health facility. The doctor will decide if you need to be tested for 2019 - Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), depending upon your history of travel to the affected countries or contact with any suspected patients.
- All asymptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days:
- They should be tested only if they become symptomatic (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing).
- All family members living with a confirmed case should be home quarantined.
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.
- All symptomatic health care workers.
- All hospitalized patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Illness (fever & cough and/or shortness of breath).
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact.
- Direct and high-risk contact include those who live in the same household with a confirmed case and healthcare workers who have examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations.
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Referring Doctor's signed prescription
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the suspected patient
- Duly filled Clinical Information Form. This form can be downloaded from our website www.pathkindlabs.com.
As per the ICMR guidelines (20-03-20), Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact. Direct and high-risk contacts include those who live in the same household with a confirmed case and healthcare workers who have examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations. To get tested, your family members need to be referred by the doctor and must have a valid prescription with them.
To book the COVID–19 test, you can visit our website www.pathkindlabs.com and provide us with your details by filling up a small form. Our health experts will immediately contact you and schedule the sample collection from your home, post confirming the availability of a valid doctor’s prescription. You may also schedule a home sample collection by calling us at 782-784-4444.
As of now, RT-PCR is the recommended method for testing the 2019 – Novel Coronavirus. The Nasal and Throat swab will be collected by taking due precaution.
No. Your safety and comfort is our utmost priority. The samples will be collected from your home by our expert Phlebotomists. For this, you need to book the test online by visiting our website www.pathkindlabs.com. You will be required to provide us with your details by filling up a small form. Our health experts will immediately contact you and schedule the sample collection from your home, post confirming the availability of a valid doctor’s prescription. You may also schedule a home sample collection by calling us at 782-784-4444.
Our Phlebotomists are trained to follow all safety protocols required for COVID–19 sample collection. Before getting in to your house, they will wear Disposable (single use) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - which comprises of a long-sleeved fluid repellent disposable gown, gloves, N95 mask, goggles, hair cover and shoe cover. Once the sample is collected, they will safely remove and dispose all personal protective equipment worn during sample collection.
The samples are collected in a viral transport medium (VTM) to maintain the stability. These are further transported in a cold chain.
We take utmost care in packing the COVID-19 samples. These samples are packed in Triple Layer Packaging which is as follows:
- Primary receptacle: A labelled primary watertight, leak-proof receptacle containing the specimen. The receptacle is wrapped in enough absorbent material to absorb all fluid in case of breakage and placed in zip lock bag.
- Secondary receptacle: A second durable, watertight, leak-proof receptacle to enclose and protect the primary receptacle(s). Several wrapped primary receptacles may be placed in one secondary receptacle i.e thermocol box. The secondary receptacle should have sufficient Ice packs to maintain the temperature.
- Outer shipping package: The secondary receptacle is placed in an outer shipping package with a clear marking of sample type. Outer shipping package should be packed in Red Biohazard bag so that courier boys or lab personnel can easily identify the sample.
To comply with the Government norms and help them in maintaining COVID-19 patient data, we share all the patient reports with the defined government bodies through an online portal created by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
Once your sample reaches our lab, we will share the report with you within a timeframe of 48 hours. This will also be subject to the Rules and Regulations as stated by the Government.*
Once we register your sample in our system, you will receive a login ID and password through SMS. You can access your report by visiting our website www.pathkindlabs.com and login with this ID and password. In case you find any difficulty in retrieving your report, you may reach out to us at 782-784-4444.
You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the ﬁnal interpretation.