Frequently Asked Question
As per the guidelines, if you develop any acute onset of fever and symptoms of respiratory illness such as cough or shortness of breath, you should visit your nearest health facility. The doctor will decide if you need to be tested for 2019 - Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), depending upon your history of travel to the affected countries or contact with any suspected patients.
- All asymptomatic individuals who have undertaken international travel in the last 14 days:
- They should be tested only if they become symptomatic (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing).
- All family members living with a confirmed case should be home quarantined.
- All symptomatic contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.
- All symptomatic health care workers.
- All hospitalized patients with Severe Acute Respiratory Illness (fever & cough and/or shortness of breath).
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact.
- Direct and high-risk contact include those who live in the same household with a confirmed case and healthcare workers who have examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations.
You are required to submit the following three documents which are mandated by the Government of India. Without these documents, the testing for 2019-Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is not allowed.
- Referring Doctor's signed prescription
- Government Photo ID proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter Id/ Driving license/Passport) to validate/ record the current address and contact details of the suspected patient
- Duly filled Clinical Information Form. This form can be downloaded from our website www.pathkindlabs.com.
You are advised to visit your referring doctor with the report for the ﬁnal interpretation.
Once we register your sample in our system, you will receive a login ID and password through SMS. You can access your report by visiting our website www.pathkindlabs.com and login with this ID and password. In case you find any difficulty in retrieving your report, you may reach out to us at 75000 75111.
Once your sample reaches our lab, we will share the report with you within a timeframe of 48 hours. This will also be subject to the Rules and Regulations as stated by the Government.*
To comply with the Government norms and help them in maintaining COVID-19 patient data, we share all the patient reports with the defined government bodies through an online portal created by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
We take utmost care in packing the COVID-19 samples. These samples are packed in Triple Layer Packaging which is as follows:
- Primary receptacle:A labelled primary watertight, leak-proof receptacle containing the specimen. The receptacle is wrapped in enough absorbent material to absorb all fluid in case of breakage and placed in zip lock bag.
- Secondary receptacle:A second durable, watertight, leak-proof receptacle to enclose and protect the primary receptacle(s). Several wrapped primary receptacles may be placed in one secondary receptacle i.e thermocol box. The secondary receptacle should have sufficient Ice packs to maintain the temperature.
- Outer shipping package:The secondary receptacle is placed in an outer shipping package with a clear marking of sample type. Outer shipping package should be packed in Red Biohazard bag so that courier boys or lab personnel can easily identify the sample.
As per the ICMR guidelines (20-03-20), Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact. Direct and high-risk contacts include those who live in the same household with a confirmed case and healthcare workers who have examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations. To get tested, your family members need to be referred by the doctor and must have a valid prescription with them.
To book the COVID–19 test, you can visit our website www.pathkindlabs.com and provide us with your details by filling up a small form. Our health experts will immediately contact you and schedule the sample collection from your home, post confirming the availability of a valid doctor’s prescription. You may also schedule a home sample collection by calling us at 75000 75111.
No. Your safety and comfort is our utmost priority. The samples will be collected from your home by our expert Phlebotomists. For this, you need to book the test online by visiting our website www.pathkindlabs.com. You will be required to provide us with your details by filling up a small form. Our health experts will immediately contact you and schedule the sample collection from your home, post confirming the availability of a valid doctor’s prescription. You may also schedule a home sample collection by calling us at 75000 75111.
Our Phlebotomists are trained to follow all safety protocols required for COVID–19 sample collection. Before getting in to your house, they will wear Disposable (single use) Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - which comprises of a long-sleeved fluid repellent disposable gown, gloves, N95 mask, goggles, hair cover and shoe cover. Once the sample is collected, they will safely remove and dispose all personal protective equipment worn during sample collection.
The samples are collected in a viral transport medium (VTM) to maintain the stability. These are further transported in a cold chain.
Hemolysis is the breakage of RBC’s membrane, causing release of the haemoglobin and other internal components into the surrounding fluid.
- Visually pink to red tinge in serum or plasma.
- May compromise the laboratory’s test result.
Ideally, once blood is collected, you should apply constant pressure at the site for five minutes without folding your arm. Haematoma is localised collection of blood around the puncture site. It occurs if there is a counter puncture or oozing of blood. Apply ice pack locally to decrease collection of blood and Thrombo phobe ointment (Don’t rub, just apply it with cotton gently) subsequently.
There will be no charge if an appointment has to be cancelled/reschedule. Unless the phlebotomist is able to obtain blood flow, there will be no charge.
You can contact our customer care group (CCG) at 782-784-4444 , Our team will schedule an appointment for blood collection. Normally Phlebotomy services are provided Monday–Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m & on Sunday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m
The phlebotomist's primary role is to collect blood from patients ensuring the most accurate and reliable test results possible. The phlebotomist is cross-trained in venipuncture, capillary collection, and patient care (among other related areas).
Phlebotomists are important members of the health care team. They are representatives of the laboratory and the health care center, are in direct contact with the patient, and perform tasks that are critical to the patient's diagnosis and care.
Path Kind labs has a 4-tiered structure.
At the top of the pyramid is the state of the art reference lab located at Gurgaon, which has the infrastructure and technical team to perform routine as well as super specialised tests.
Network labs are located at major cities and will perform routine as well as some specialized tests. Super specialised tests will be referred to the Reference lab at Gurgaon.
Rapid response labs are located in smaller cities and towns and will perform most of the routine tests requested. Specialised and super specialised tests will be referred to the nearest Network Lab and further on to the Reference lab as per requirement.
Collection Centres are exclusive collection points located at strategic locations from where all samples collected will be transported to the nearest lab – RRL, network lab or reference lab, by our own dedicated logistics team.
We believe in giving accurate results within shortest of the time frame, therefore our reports are sent automatically on your registered e-mail after Authorization. Adding to this in case needed, we can send the copy of your report through our call center to your registered mail id.
In case you need hard copy of the report you can collect that from your nearest collection center or Lab.
We would suggest that you should inform about the test while booking Home Collection, though you can add or change the tests during the visit too. However there might be certain tests for which Home Collection of sample is not possible as sample has to be given at lab in supervision of specialist or doctor.
Home collection charges may or may not be applicable as per the running offers and depending on the areas, for best and updated information kindly call us at 782-784-4444
Be 100% assured, we at Pathkind are Committed for accurate reporting and that's why incorporated "Sahi Janch" as one of our core values. We use latest and state of the art technology in maintaining the required temperature and environment for sample transportation, to ensure accurate results in shortest time.
As of now, RT-PCR is the recommended method for testing the 2019 – Novel Coronavirus. The Nasal and Throat swab will be collected by taking due precaution.
You can provide feedback to Pathkind Labs with any of the below mentioned options -
1) Reach out to our Customer Care Team at our Toll Free Number - 782-784-4444
2) Each Pathkind Lab and Collection Centres are equipped with suggestion boxes and Forms. You can visit these respective Lab / Centre and fill-in the the feedback form and drop in the Suggestion box.
3) Our Website also have a dedicated link for your valuable Feedback
4) You can evan drop us an email with your detailed feedback at our email id - email@example.com
As the schedule for phlebotomist is dynamic assigned through back end system. So it is difficult to provide specific number. However, the person who gets the collection assigned by the system will call you before coming. Be assured all our phlebotomists are well trained and qualified in sample collection, so quality and experience will always be excellent.
To serve our customers better and provide standardized WOW experience, we have kept our customer service centralized. You can contact us anytime 8 Am To 8 PM and we will be more than happy to serve your needs.
As of now we are serving our customers by providing Timely and Accurate report with affordable pricing. Our doctors are more than happy to provide or discuss any details pertaining to the test result, however specifically consultation service are not carried out.