Have you ever experienced bloating stomach, acid burns, gurgling stomach? Well, all these are signs and symptoms of poor digestion. A diet high in sugar and fatty acids is disastrous to your gut health. Apart from causing embarrassment in public places, frequent digestive problems can lead to constipation, nausea and diarrhea. In such a scenario, it is important to make lifestyle changes and add food items that are good for your digestion.
Here we have mentioned certain foods that are filled with vitamins/ minerals that you should consume for better digestion:
- Whole Grains- The whole grains contain insoluble fiber that can go a long way in improving your gut health. The whole grains like wheat, brown rice, oats, and barley, removes the problem of constipation and promotes good bowel movement.
- Beans- There is a variety of beans available in the market that should be consumed regularly to improve the digestion process. It contains fewer calories and much- needed fiber that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria inside the gut. The beans like kidney beans and black beans are also helpful in providing relief from constipation.
- Ginger- This traditional super-food is herbal medicine and cures so many maladies like cough, inflammation, digestive disorders like Dyspepsia. The ginger breaks down the proteins and fats and promotes healthy digestion. You can chew it regularly or add it in your diet.
- Yogurt- Filled with healthy proteins; yogurt is highly beneficial for your gut health. It contains good bacteria that are important for proper digestion. Regular intake of yogurt solves so many digestive disorders like diarrhea, constipation, and reducing the risk of cancer.
- Banana- It is the most humble fruit that offers you with enriched benefits. A medium- sized banana contains 3 grams of fiber. The pectin present in bananas is essential to maintain your gut health. The bananas help in the process of digestion and improve the bowel movement. The bananas are easy to chew and help to maintain the glycemic index. You can add bananas to your diet in the form of smoothies, fruit salad, pancakes, as a breakfast cereal. The essential fats present in this fruit promote eye health too.
- Papayas- Papayas are an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B and C. It contains proteolytic enzymes which help in the process of digestion. The research indicates that consuming papaya one hour after lunch aids in better digestion. You can add papayas in your diet in various ways like in the form of smoothies and fruit salads.
- Cumin- This traditional superfood not only add flavor to the food but it has certain anti-microbial properties that smoothen the process of digestion. Apart from improving your appetite, cumin provides relief from diarrhea and dysentery. The essential nutrients present help in curing stomach disorders.
In the end, we would like to conclude that all the above-mentioned foods not only promote your gut health but also form a part of a well-balanced diet. So, consume it regularly to stay fit and healthy.