Natural Ways To Lower Your Cholesterol Level
By: Pathkind Labs
08 Aug 2019
High cholesterol level in the body can lead to several health diseases. Thus, making you vulnerable to serious health disorders like coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure, hence it is important to keep the cholesterol level under control.
If you are suffering from cholesterol, it is important to change your dietary habits. Here, we have enlisted some foods that can help to keep your cholesterol level under control.
- Oats and bran- Oats is an enriched food that contains several components like beta-glucan, which helps to lower down the cholesterol level. As per the research, the 3 grams of soluble oat can reduce 8-23 percent of cholesterol level.
- Beans and legumes- The beans and legumes are superfoods that are rich in dietary fiber and helps to reduce the cholesterol level and thus prevent the sudden rise of blood sugar. Regular consumption of kidney beans, Bengal gram, and chickpeas prevents cancer and other diseases.
- Avocados- Loaded with Vitamin K, C, B5, B6, E potassium and folate, iron, zinc, copper, avocados help to maintain blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- Nuts- As per the research, eating a whole walnut daily can lower down the cholesterol level to a great extent. The almonds and cashew nuts are other great options to reduce the cholesterol level.
- Barley and other grains- There are other foods like barley and whole grains that help to reduce the cholesterol level and thus lower the risk of heart disease because it contains soluble fiber. Barley also controls triglyceride level and regulate the blood sugar level.
- Vegetables that lower down the cholesterol levels- There are certain vegetables like eggplant and okra that are low in calories and are good sources of fiber. These vegetables lower down the cholesterol level and are essential in maintaining the blood sugar level.
- Fruits- The evidence suggests that fruits are the best source of nutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The fruits like apple, pear, grapefruit, berries, and pomegranate, have necessary nutrients that improve digestion and reduce the cholesterol level in the blood. It is because of their high fiber content it helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Soya- Soya also popularly called as soybeans improve the metabolism and help in healthy weight gain and help to battle against cancer. It reduces the side-effects of menopause, promotes digestive health, promotes bone health and protects against birth disorders and decreases the risk of diabetes. It’s by-products like tofu, nuggets, soy nuts lower down the cholesterol level in the body. It is a good alternative to animal proteins for the vegetarians. It helps to lower down the bad LDL cholesterol, triglycerides level without lowering down good cholesterol levels.
- Fish- The fish is enriched with omega 3 fatty acids and it reduces the triglyceride level by 25-30 percent while increasing high-density lipoproteins. The heart, lung and blood institute confirms it as an ideal way to protect your heart health.
Quitting smoking is another way to lead a healthy lifestyle. In the end, we would like to conclude that your diet plays an important role in increasing the cholesterol level in your body, hence before indulging in any kind of food, it is important to know how it impacts you.